San Francisco Bay served up another round of perfect racing conditions for sailors on the second day of Rolex Big Boat Series at St. Francis Yacht Club, serving as the J/88 North American Championship. Winds were in the steady teens for the start of Race 3, and held around 20 knots all afternoon, making for quick, dramatic runs for the finish line. Windward/leeward courses were the order of the day with shorter legs in the morning followed by an afternoon of long stretches across San Francisco Bay to test the competitive fleets. Race Committee flipped the courses from Day One. The nine-boat J/88 fleet couldn’t be much tighter in the top five after four races:
- Courageous, Gary Panariello , USA – 1 -1 -6 -4 ; 12
- Deviation, Iris Vogel , USA – 2 -4 -3 -3 ; 12
- White Shadow, Jim Hopp , USA – 4 -3 -5 -1 ; 13
- Ravenette, Brice Dunwoodie , USA – 5 -2 -4 -2 ; 13
- Pelagia, Sergey Lubarsky , USA – 3 -5 -1 -5 ; 14
Racing continues through Sunday. For complete event details, visit https://rolexbigboatseries.com/.